Flagship 2.5-way floorstander
With a big bass driver, twin ABRs and Uni-Q driver array the Q950 floorstander can deliver music and cinema in full effect.
Pairing KEF's signature Uni-Q midrange and treble driver with a 200mm (8 inches) long-throw bass driver and two matching ABRs brings high resolution sound with extraordinary depth and clarity.
"Sit anywhere" Uni-Q Sound
At the heart of the evolved Q Series is the Uni-Q driver array. KEF's signature innovation places the tweeter in the acoustic center of the midrange cone, bringing the acoustic ideal of a single point source closer than ever to realisation. The result is a more detailed, more accurate three-dimensional sound image, which is dispersed more evenly throughout the room than is possible with a conventional speaker. Uni-Q's ultra-wide dispersion is further enhanced by KEF's 'tangerine' waveguide over the tweeter dome.
Uni-Q sound taken to the next level
With the addition of the damped tweeter loading tube providing a gentle termination of sound produced from the back of the tweeter, lower treble performance is improved dramatically and a new low-distortion inductor on the crossover provides cleaner bass. To optimize the resolution and purity of the Q Series bookshelf speakers, the Uni-Q driver has been repositioned to the center of the cabinet to reduce unwanted internal resonance and adds refinement to their sonic clarity and detail.
Q Series Advanced Cabinet Design
In the Q Series Floorstanders the Uni-Q driver has been placed in sealed box within the cabinet. The closed box midrange cabinet design reduces the load on the Uni-Q midrange cone, increasing clarity and detail while delivering cleaner, punchier bass. Midrange clarity is enhanced again through improvements to the mid-bass driver that allowed the DC blocking capacitor to be eliminated. Its removal also created a more natural bass roll-off between the drivers.
Q Series Woofers
Low-frequency (LF) drivers now have a larger roll surround, along with a new spider suspension to produce cleaner bass at high volumes. A new cone structure improves midrange clarity, and an enhanced Auxiliary Bass Radiators (ABRs) with a new surround and rear suspension delivers better controlled and more impressive bass.
|Weight||20.6kg (45.4 lbs)|
|Dimension (H x W x D)|
1062 x 244 x 328 mm
1116 x 357 x 328 mm (with Plinth)
|Design||2.5-way bass reflex|
|Frequency Range||38Hz (-6dB)|
|Frequency Response||44Hz-28kHz (±3dB)|
|Nominal Impedance||8 Ohms (min.3.2 Ohms)|
200mm (8in.) aluminium Uni-Q
38mm (1.5in.)vented aluminium dome HF
200mm (8in.) aluminium LF
2 x 200mm (8in.)aluminium ABR
We understand the anxiety of shopping online in Malaysia particularly on startup and small business website; you don't get to physically hold the product before buying, how will you know if the product will live up to your expectations,... - which is why we are committed to
- Only sell/advertise products or brands that we believe in
- Thoroughly research a product/model to save you time and get the most value for your money
- Go the extra mile to properly package items for shipping
- Rely on reputable courier service (*not necessarily the cheapest)
- Provide second to none customer service (Lazada/Shopee gets thousands of visitors a day, we have Only You to focus on)
- Safeguarding your privacy & offer a seamless user experience on our ecommerce webpage
- Ensure all pages and content on TechX are accessed using SSL encryption (*look for the padlock icon on the left side of the address bar...SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, login credentials to be transmitted securely)
- Your satisfaction! We believe we sourced for the best quality products around, however sometimes life happens. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the quality of any product, we will gladly refund your money within a week.
In the event you still need further assurance, write to us via our Contact Form and we'll get back within 2 hours.