"Featuring the flagship THX-888 chipset, the series above Drop + THX AAA 789 and it's the same chipset used in Benchmark HPA4 Headphone/ Line Amplifier (~USD 3099>). SMSL SP200 is the first THX amplifier that human beings can actually afford to use it!" Zeos
The SMSL SP200 THX Headphone Amp is the newest product in the SMSL lineup with the top of the line audiophile high power grade THX AAA-888 technology. This technology allows for the highest fidelity with extreme output power and ultra-low crosstalk for a high-quality, low distortion sound. This amp is versatile and can be used to drive a variety of headsets/earbuds including those that have high impedance, require high current, or need high sensitivity.
The THX patented AAATM 888 is a linear bipolar amplifier circuit with feedback error correction. It eliminates the distortion mechanism of traditional amplifier circuits, reducing harmonics, intermodulation, and cross-distortion by as much as 40 dBs. This creates a realistic fatigue-free listening experience.
The SP200 comes with a built-in AC power supply and is equipped with XLR and RCA inputs. The front panel has XLR and quarter inch jack outputs, options for switching between different inputs, and choosing high or low gain. A detailed review for the SP200 and its performance is provided by Amir on Audio Science Review.
The SP200 has a balanced stereo headphone output, a balanced stereo line input, comes with high precision resistors for temperature stability, and a patented 24W high-efficiency ultra-low noise power supply. Its measured distortion is as low as 0.000078% with a signal-to-noise ratio of 122.2 dB. The CNC aluminum alloy shell chassis reduces the interference and noise to improve the amplifier’s performance.
"In the past, I believed that a top-performing headphone amp with top specs and sonics can be only achieved at over $1,000. SMSL proved me wrong on so many levels with its SP200, it offers a balanced sound across the board and delivers truly high-end sonics without murdering your wallet." - Sandu Vitalie from Soundnews.
Audio Science Review Highlights:
"THX seems to have revolutionized the mid to high-priced headphone amplifier market. It provides a winning combination of vanishingly low distortion and tons of power." - Amir on ASR
"Great to see a new price point also in THX amps. You can add a $100 DAC to SP200 and still be cheaper than the other THX offerings. Needless to say, it is my absolute pleasure to recommend the SMSL SP200. It makes THX headphone amplifiers more affordable and gets rid of clutter on your desk to boot" - Amir on ASR
|Balanced x1, Unbalanced x1
|Balanced x1, Unbalanced x1
|6W x 2 (16Ohm)
3W x 2 (32Ohm)
440mW x 2 (300Ohm)
220mW x 2 (600Ohm)
|-122dB, 0.00007% (1kHz, 32Ohm)
|-117dB, 0.00013% (20 - 20kHz, 32Ohm, -3dB)
|-125dB, 0.00006% (1kHz, 32Ohm)
|Near 0 Ohm
|0.1Hz - 500kHz (-3dB)
|Low (+6dB), High (+18dB)
|Power supply voltage/ Frequency
|AC100 - 240V, 50 - 60Hz
|160 x 149 x 73mm
We understand the anxiety of shopping online in Malaysia particularly on startup and small business website; you don't get to physically hold the product before buying, how will you know if the product will live up to your expectations, ... - which is why we are committed to
- Only sell/advertise products or brands that we believe in
- Thoroughly research a product/model to save you time and get the most value for your money
- Go the extra mile to properly package items for shipping
- Rely on reputable courier service (*not necessarily the cheapest)
- Provide second to none customer service (Lazada/ Shopee gets thousands of visitors a day, we have Only You to focus on)
- Safeguarding your privacy & offer a seamless user experience on our ecommerce webpage
- Ensure all pages and content on TechX are accessed using SSL encryption (*look for the padlock icon on the left side of the address bar...SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, login credentials to be transmitted securely)
- Your satisfaction! We believe we sourced for the best quality products around, however sometimes life happens. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the quality of any product, we will gladly refund your money + 20% of what your paid
In the event you still need further assurance, write to us via our Contact Form and we'll get back within 2 hours.