Everything Everywhere All At Once is presented in 4K UHD courtesy of Lionsgate Films and A24 with a 2160p transfer in a variety of aspect ratios, as is documented in some of the screenshots I've uploaded to accompany this review. The IMDb lists the Arri Alexa Mini and a 4K DI as relevant data points. Perhaps a bit surprisingly given a 4K DI, I didn't notice a huge uptick in detail levels in this version vis a vis the 1080 version, but there definitely is an improvement in the precision of fine detail in admittedly mundane things like facial pores or some of the fabrics in costumes. As with the 1080 version, this is an often really impressive looking transfer, though there has been a lot of tweaking to the imagery, so that elements we normally address like detail levels, palette saturation and "grain" (whether digital or otherwise) can be hugely variant by design. I mention some obvious stylistic differences between various sequences in our Everything Everywhere All At Once Blu-ray review of the 1080 version, and I'd say elements like the perceived grittiness of the 1.33:1 quasi-flashback material is noticeably more textured looking in this version, and in fact overall some of the "grain effects" (for want of a better term) are generally more perceptible throughout the 4K UHD version. Dolby Vision and HDR might add a bit of nuance to things like the deep teal coloring of some of the alternate reality scenes, or even the buttery yellows of Evelyn's premiere night in her guise as a movie star, but, again, I'd say the differences are perhaps minimal. Shadow definition is marginally improved here, which can help fine detail levels in some of those aforementioned teal bathed scenes.
Everything Everywhere All At Once features a spectacularly boisterous Dolby Atmos track that I'd personally rate as reference quality. In fact, when the first overpowering whoosh of LFE appears with the "Everything" intertitle, I suspect many will, like I did, actually startle from the sheer onslaught of the sound. The architecture of the sound design is appealingly vertical and horizontal in the Atmos mix, and once Evelyn starts channeling her martial arts maven, there is a veritable explosion of surround activity permeating the "traditional" channels as well as the Atmos channels. Evelyn's own "whooshing" through various realities also provides some fun, immersive panning effects. Dialogue is rendered cleanly and clearly throughout. Some of the Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin) moments have forced English subtitles, but there are optional English, Spanish and Mandarin subtitles for the entire film.
4K Bluray details
Codec: HEVC / H.265
Resolution: Native 4K (2160p)
HDR: Dolby Vision, HDR10
Aspect ratio: 1.85:1, 2.39:1
Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1, 1.85:1
English: Dolby Atmos
English: Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)
English SDH, Spanish, Mandarin (Traditional)
4K Ultra HD
Two-disc set (1 BD-100, 1 BD-50)
Slipcover in original pressing
4K Blu-ray: Region free
2K Blu-ray: Region A (locked)
We understand the anxiety of shopping online in Malaysia particularly on startup and small business website; you don't get to physically hold the product before buying, how will you know if the product will live up to your expectations,... - which is why we are committed to
- Only sell/advertise products or brands that we believe in
- Thoroughly research a product/model to save you time and get the most value for your money
- Go the extra mile to properly package items for shipping
- Rely on reputable courier service (*not necessarily the cheapest)
- Provide second to none customer service (Lazada/Shopee gets thousands of visitors a day, we have Only You to focus on)
- Safeguarding your privacy & offer a seamless user experience on our ecommerce webpage
- Ensure all pages and content on TechX are accessed using SSL encryption (*look for the padlock icon on the left side of the address bar...SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, login credentials to be transmitted securely)
- Your satisfaction! We believe we sourced for the best quality products around, however sometimes life happens. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the quality of any product, we will gladly refund your money within a week.
In the event you still need further assurance, write to us via our Contact Form and we'll get back within 2 hours.